IT Site Support
Job Code : GEN/1189CRANBURY
Provide technical support, installation and maintenance of personal computer and laptophardware and software, and peripheral equipment to ensure efficient and uninterruptedbusiness operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Install, move, upgrade and maintain personal computers, laptops, and peripheralequipment in a Large Area Network and Wide Area Network environment withmultiple computing platforms to meet the needs of business operations.
· Provide helpdesk support over the phone and at the workstation to internal end-users to facilitate efficient business operations.
· Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems and apply cost-effective solutions to minimize interruptions in business operations. Refer problems requiringhigher level support to Infrastructure and Telecommunications group personnel.
· Perform basic Large Area Network administration duties to satisfy requests by internal clients.
· Use established procedures and systems for assignment of tasks and documentation of work performed within the reporting and documentation standards established bySAGILITY in order to facilitate enhancement, change or troubleshooting of the work.
· Adhere to negotiated due dates and acceptable budgeted hours of project assignments for completion as expected by internal and external clients.
· Prioritize assigned tasks to effectively meet the needs of the business.
· Communicate status of all assigned tasks verbally or in writing to the appropriate management for tracking and communicating to internal and external clients as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Skills)
· High school diploma required. Some college or technical training preferred.
· Prefer MCSE, A , or N certified or in progress
· Two to three years? experience in a technical support role in a LAN/WAN networked environment including hands-on experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting personal computers, laptops and peripheral equipment that are comparable to those used at SAGILITY.
· Experience with VPN and broadband networking required.
· Strong of MS Office and other common desktop applications and network and workstation operating systems that are used at SAGILITY
· Strong knowledge of the Internet web browsers and e-mail systems used at SAGILITY
· Good written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills, particularly with end-users who have varying degrees of computer knowledge
· Self-starter with a willingness to ask questions and actively seek out answers
· Ability to work closely with others as a solid team player
· A positive attitude and ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment